[ptp-user] Interacting with debugger often causes crashes

Frequently, when I am running in the debugger, it simply stops responding to any inputs from the GUI. All expressions now say "(pending)" and I can no longer pause or stop any processes. I have to go to the terminal, SSH to the cluster, and manually kill everything. The problem is especially bad when a segfault or fpe causes a thread to pause, which is of course the worst time for the debugger to give me trouble.

Are there known fatal bugs that cause this, is this just a normal pitfall of parallel debugging, or is there something I need to do with the cluster?

--

Joshua Strodtbeck, PhD | Research Engineer

Convergent Science

O: (608) 831-3811

Never make a mesh again!

Back to the top