Re: [ptp-user] out of source remote build pain

Dear John,

which type of Project Type have you chosen when you created your
synchronized project?
In your case, I would suggest that you use a Makefile project (Empty
Project).

You can set your build command and build directory via right click on
your project -> Properties, select "C/C++ Build". In this dialog you can
choose the build command and the build directory. Make sure, that you
are changing these properties for the remote build configuration (see
the combobox on top of the dialog). As build directory you can use an
absolute path on your remote machine (e.g. /scratch/stuff).

When you build, the configured build command is executed in the given
build directory. Note, that by just clicking on the build icon (hammer)
Eclipse will append the "all" target to your build command. E.g. if your
build command is "make", clicking on the build icon will invoke "make all".

There seem to exist many options for cmake support in Eclipse as
described here: http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake%3aEclipse_UNIX_Tutorial (I
have not tested them). A simple solution for cmake "support" would be
adding a Makefile, which calls cmake, and using that Makefile for your
build.

Best regards,

Carsten