Re: [ptp-user] out of source remote build pain

Karsten

>In this dialog you can choose the
> build command and the build directory. Make sure, that you are changing
> these properties for the remote build configuration (see the combobox on
> top of the dialog). As build directory you can use an absolute path on your
> remote machine (e.g. /scratch/stuff).

unfortunately, this does not work, eclipse changes the paths so I can't use a script to execute my build (escaping the backslashes does not work either)

08:27:15 **** Incremental Build of configuration BGQ for project hello ****
/scratch5_256_1/bgq/biddisco/build/hello/build.sh all
bash: \scratch5_256_1\bgq\biddisco\build\hello\build.sh: command not found
> Shell Completed (exit code = 127)

08:27:17 Build Finished (took 2s.278ms)

probably if I was using a linux box this would be ok, because the paths would be preserved.

However, your suggestion of putting a dummy Makefile in my source tree root on the remote filesystem and executing the script from in there does work. It just changes to the real build dir and runs make in there.

I shall see how far I can get with this trick, it seems grotesque to have to do this, but for now at least I can do a remote build. Attaching debugger is the next step :)

thanks for getting me this far

JB

Back to the top