[ptp-user] out of source remote build pain

Hello

I’ve configured a project to be synchronized and the local build goes ok.

Build command nmake

Build directory d:\build\stuff

but the remote part won’t cd into the build directory and I can’t set a remote location in the build path

I’d like to set

Build command : make

Build directory : remotetools://BGQ/scratch/stuff

so that the remote build takes place in the /scratch/stuff on BGQ (the connection)

It actually doesn’t seem to even try building as it just does

15:49:03 **** Incremental Build of configuration BGQ for project hello ****

15:49:03 Build Finished (took 0ms)

[I’m using cmake generated projects, so out of source builds is preferred. Also - Is there a toolchain anywhere for generating makefiles using cmake from eclipse? This would be nice, but for now, just getting the remote build dir to work would save my hair loss.]

Note, both locally and remotely, I’ve run cmake in the build directories to generate valid makefiles (which compile ok by hand), the source dirs are synced, but what’s the missing step to invoke the build?

thanks hopefully

JB

--

John Biddiscombe,                        email:biddisco @.at.@ cscs.ch

http://www.cscs.ch/

CSCS, Swiss National Supercomputing Centre  | Tel:  +41 (91) 610.82.07

Via Trevano 131, 6900 Lugano, Switzerland   | Fax:  +41 (91) 610.82.82

Back to the top