Re: [ptp-user] Problem with the PTP Target System Configuration on Mac OS X

Dear Beth,

yes, I can do this from a shell and the binary "rm" is found under /bin/rm.
So, what does this mean and in what way does this help me with my problem?

By the way, I'm trying to get the mpi sample code of eclipse running LOCALLY and not (yet) on a remote machine (This might be the next step, i.e. run it on our institute's super computing cluster after it works locally), and yes, I can do without problems:
ssh <myUserName@localhost>.

The system then asks for my password and opens a ssh connection to my localhost, i.e. to my local Macbook Pro, where I'd like to get the
sample MPI code running in eclipse.

Again, when I type e.g.  mpirun -n 5 TEST in a shell, it does run in parallel and provides the output of five parallel processes, so everything seems to be fine on the shell level, but how do I get it RUNNING from within eclipse?
Within eclipse, the code compiles without any problems and the binary is generated, but I just can't get the code running in parallel within eclipse.

I only runs in eclipse on one single core in when I let it run as a usual, non-parallel "Local C/C++ Application". But when I try to setup a PARALLEL runtime config in eclipse,
something goes wrong when setting up the Target System Configuration:

As you can see in the attached snapshot, it is NOT possible to choose "Open MPI-Generic-Interactive", because of the error message "ompi_info -a parseable" (whatever that means and for whatever reason that is called) although it is openmpi Version 1.6.4 that I have installed manually (and not, e.g. mpich).
So, I am puzzled here, whether I am supposed to pick a different config (then, which one?) or how I could understand this cryptic error message about some error when executing "ompi_info -a parseable". I don't even know why this ompi_info command is called. Apparently it is just a parser, getting some system information. But why does it produce an error ?

By the way, I'm using PTP Version 7.0.0.201306050411, and the RC3 of KEPLER, but It REALLY does not matter which version(s) I'm using. I get the very same problem for any Version of Eclipse and PTP (I've tested several combinations), also with the JUNO-Version of eclipse and the appropriate Version of PTP which should be the current default, I guess, until KEPLER is released in three days.

Any ideas how to resolve this ompi_info problem?

Best regards, appreciating your help and suggestions a lot,
Martin.

On Jun 21, 2013, at 11:15 PM, Beth Tibbitts <beth@xxxxxxxxxx>