Re: [ptp-user] wizard didn't accomplish a PTP synchronized project

Thanks for thoroughly investigating these problems and posting your findings. This
information is very helpful. See below for specific comments on your "wish list."

John

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 5:35 AM, Christoph Pospiech <Christoph.Pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 16:40:44 Christoph Pospiech wrote:

> Hold on, I solved it myself

> Changing the remote tool set in Properties -> C/C++ Build ->

> ToolChainEditor  also changes the current builder. I now set it back to

> "sync builder". Then I ticked "Generate makefiles automatically" again in

> Properties -> C/C++ Build. Now I am getting the following (which is as it

> should be).

OK, the subject line is finally wrong - the wizard *did* accomplish a PTP synchronized project. But it took me quite a while and I am currently not sure whether I should send other users down that way.

I scratched the project and recreated it two times to find out what was just my folly and what hick-ups are due to the wizard. Here is my wish list for Xmas :-) Comments as usual welcome.

1. The hint "don't add the expressions Debug_.* and Release_.* to the exclusion list for ptp synchronization" should be added to the documentation. Not sure whether FAQ is an appropriate place for this.

 Can you explain this a little more? Given that these are build directories, one might actually want to filter them.

2. The screen for specifying local *and* remote tool chains is good and meets my expectations, but then I expect four build configurations to be set up -

Debug_[local|remote] and Release_[local|remote]. What I reproducibly got was two remote build configurations configured for the local tool chain. Also the PWD and CWD in Build->Environment were set to the local paths. Better would be the remote path for synchronization as a default.

This is a bug. Oddly, though, it seems to occur only when using the XL C/C++ Tool Chain. If I select other tool chains, four configurations are created and are correctly configured.
I'll look into this some more...

3. Whenever I fix the tool chain, the builder was reset from "sync builder" to something else - with very confusing results if this slips your attention.

Agreed - this is confusing.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940