Re: [ptp-user] wizard didn't accomplish a PTP synchronized project

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 16:40:44 Christoph Pospiech wrote:

> Hold on, I solved it myself

> Changing the remote tool set in Properties -> C/C++ Build ->

> ToolChainEditor  also changes the current builder. I now set it back to

> "sync builder". Then I ticked "Generate makefiles automatically" again in

> Properties -> C/C++ Build. Now I am getting the following (which is as it

> should be).

OK, the subject line is finally wrong - the wizard *did* accomplish a PTP synchronized project. But it took me quite a while and I am currently not sure whether I should send other users down that way.

I scratched the project and recreated it two times to find out what was just my folly and what hick-ups are due to the wizard. Here is my wish list for Xmas :-) Comments as usual welcome.

1. The hint "don't add the expressions Debug_.* and Release_.* to the exclusion list for ptp synchronization" should be added to the documentation. Not sure whether FAQ is an appropriate place for this.

2. The screen for specifying local *and* remote tool chains is good and meets my expectations, but then I expect four build configurations to be set up -

Debug_[local|remote] and Release_[local|remote]. What I reproducibly got was two remote build configurations configured for the local tool chain. Also the PWD and CWD in Build->Environment were set to the local paths. Better would be the remote path for synchronization as a default.

3. Whenever I fix the tool chain, the builder was reset from "sync builder" to something else - with very confusing results if this slips your attention.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top