Re: [ptp-user] wizard didn't accomplish a PTP synchronized project

Christoph, can you open a bug and put all the relevant details in the bug so this is consolidated in one place?
Very valuable information.

I think you know this but for general information....
To open a bug:
On the PTP wiki page http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP on the second line "Bug List" there is a link on the right "Open a new bug for PTP."
If you are unsure of component, etc. just leave them as-is, we'll fix it. The important thing is that the information gets captured.
By you, the user that sees it.
Thanks!

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Christoph Pospiech ---12/12/2012 05:37:00 AM---On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 16:40:44 Christoph PospiChristoph Pospiech ---12/12/2012 05:37:00 AM---On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 16:40:44 Christoph Pospiech wrote: > Hold on, I solved it myself

Christoph Pospiech <Christoph.Pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx,

12/12/2012 05:37 AM

Re: [ptp-user] wizard didn't accomplish a PTP synchronized project

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 16:40:44 Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> Hold on, I solved it myself
>
> Changing the remote tool set in Properties -> C/C++ Build ->
> ToolChainEditor  also changes the current builder. I now set it back to
> "sync builder". Then I ticked "Generate makefiles automatically" again in
> Properties -> C/C++ Build. Now I am getting the following (which is as it
> should be).

OK, the subject line is finally wrong - the wizard *did* accomplish a PTP synchronized project. But it took me quite a while and I am currently not sure whether I should send other users down that way.

I scratched the project and recreated it two times to find out what was just my folly and what hick-ups are due to the wizard. Here is my wish list for Xmas :-) Comments as usual welcome.

1. The hint "don't add the expressions Debug_.* and Release_.* to the exclusion list for ptp synchronization" should be added to the documentation. Not sure whether FAQ is an appropriate place for this.

2. The screen for specifying local *and* remote tool chains is good and meets my expectations, but then I expect four build configurations to be set up -
Debug_[local|remote] and Release_[local|remote]. What I reproducibly got was two remote build configurations configured for the local tool chain. Also the PWD and CWD in Build->Environment were set to the local paths. Better would be the remote path for synchronization as a default.

3. Whenever I fix the tool chain, the builder was reset from "sync builder" to something else - with very confusing results if this slips your attention.
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing