Re: [ptp-user] IBM LoadLeveler (Eclipse Iuno RC3 Build id: 20120606-2254)

On 29.07.2012 18:00, ptp-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Dear Carsten,

thanks for the suggestion. As a special solution just for me it doesn't sound
like worth the effort. By cc: I am therefore asking Mr. Bader, whether there is
a larger interest at LRZ for an island aware eclipse monitoring perspective
like proposed above.

Another question regarding the current two-level hierarchy of nodes. Inside
the boxes, I see the logical CPUs. If I see the upper half of the box marked
with "my" color, does it mean that I am running on CPUs 0-15 ? Or does it only
mean that I get 16 out of 32 logical CPUs. In other words, can the monitor
perspective be used to detect existing or non-existing process binding ? Can I
expect that for processes that are not bound to a CPU, the little colored box
moves around in the next level hierarchy box with successive refreshes of the
display ?
-- Mit freundlichen Gr??en / Kind regards Dr. Christoph Pospiech High
Performance & Parallel Computing Phone: +49-351 86269826 Mobile:
+49-171-765 5871 E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Gesch?ftsf?hrung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke,
Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940 ------------------------------

Dear Christoph,

the NodesView explicitly maps the jobs to the used CPUs. If the upper
half of one compute node is assigned to a job, it really means that this
job is running on CPUs 0-15. The idling processors will not change the
position within one compute node box throughout successive refreshes.

Best regards

Carsten

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich