Re: [ptp-user] IBM LoadLeveler (Eclipse Iuno RC3 Build id: 20120606-2254)

On Friday, July 20, 2012 12:00:08 ptp-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear Christoph,
>
> I can help you by setting up a default monitoring layout for SuperMUC,
> if this is still necessary. I assume the nodes view of the monitoring
> perspective displays SuperMUC in a two-level hierarchy of nodes, each
> having a set of processors.
> The specific monitoring layout, which we could set up, for SuperMUC
> would help to model SuperMUC in a three-level hierarchy of node islands,
> each having nodes, which consist of cores, for example.
> However, this default layout would have to be configured for each user
> in the remote .eclipsesettings directory. It is not directly
> configurable via Eclipse so far.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Carsten

> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
> Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Dear Carsten,

thanks for the suggestion. As a special solution just for me it doesn't sound
like worth the effort. By cc: I am therefore asking Mr. Bader, whether there is
a larger interest at LRZ for an island aware eclipse monitoring perspective
like proposed above.

Another question regarding the current two-level hierarchy of nodes. Inside
the boxes, I see the logical CPUs. If I see the upper half of the box marked
with "my" color, does it mean that I am running on CPUs 0-15 ? Or does it only
mean that I get 16 out of 32 logical CPUs. In other words, can the monitor
perspective be used to detect existing or non-existing process binding ? Can I
expect that for processes that are not bound to a CPU, the little colored box
moves around in the next level hierarchy box with successive refreshes of the
display ?
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top