[ptp-user] Eclipse monitoring perspective+LoadLeveler

Hi,

I got Eclipse monitoring perspective+LoadLeveler up and running on one host.
Now I want to do the same on another host - and it hangs.
To be precise, it is the same remote host (=SuperMUC) running LoadLeveller in
both cases, I was switching only the GUI side. I set up the same version of
eclipse (=iuno+latest PTP update) and clicked the same choices in the same
menus. I removed $HOME/-eclipsesettings on the remote host whenever I switched
from one GUI host to another. I made sure that they were not running
concurrently - just to exclude that the two instances get into each others way
on the remote host.

The difference is that the host where the perspective works is a 32-bit Kubuntu
Oneiric. The perspective hangs on a SuSE SLES 64-bit installation. Could that
be the reason for the hang ? I suspected a memory issue, but the working host
has only 1 GB free memory, while the host where it hangs reports 45 GB free
memory.

The hang shows the following symptoms. The perspective successfully contacts
the remote host and the list of active jobs is displayed. The large monitor
screen showing all the nodes is not drawn. Instead, the command line that was
used to start eclipse prints out the contents of a large XML file. The eclipse
session freezes and can only closed by force.

What additional tests or data could help tracking down the problem ?
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top