Re: [ptp-user] IBM LoadLeveler (Eclipse Iuno RC3 Build id: 20120606-2254)

On Jul 12, 2012, at 6:54 PM, Christoph Pospiech wrote:

> On Saturday, June 30, 2012 13:29:42 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
>> On Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:03:20 Greg Watson wrote:
>>> The monitoring is not working because LL 5.1 changed the default output
>>> from the llstatus command from 'machine' to 'cluster'. We should have a
>>> fix for this in 6.0.1. In the mean time, you can edit the file
>>> '.eclipsesettings/rms/LL/da_nodes_info_LML.pl' and change the line
>>> 'open(IN," $cmd -l |");' to 'open(IN," $cmd -L machine -l |");'.
>>
>> Greg,
>>
>> I guess, you meant the .eclipsesettings on the remote $HOME ?
>>
>> I did the change as follows.
>> di69job@login03:~/.eclipsesettings/rms/LL> pwd
>> /home/hpc/pr63vu/di69job/.eclipsesettings/rms/LL
>> di69job@login03:~/.eclipsesettings/rms/LL> grep open da_nodes_info_LML.pl
>> open(IN," $cmd -L machine -l |");
>> open(OUT,"> $filename") || die "cannot open file $filename";
>>
>> Then I restarted eclipse, opened the monitoring view, and switched on
>> monitoring for remote connection "SuperMUC".
>>
>> This caused my eclipse to hang. The eclipse screen froze, the process
>> eclipse  took more CPU load than a single core (typically CPU1 100%, CPU2
>> 38%). I had to kill eclipse (signal terminate), which put the CPU-load back
>> to normal and made the fan of my TP go quiet again.
>
> Greg,
>
> I forgot to say that the above issue went away with the Iuno release (Build
> id: 20120614-1722). I can now see all nodes of SuperMUC in the Monitor window.
>
> However, I noted when right-clicking on an active job in the monitor
> perspective, that all LoadLeveler actions like canceling the job are greyed
> out. Should I expect this ?

Christoph,

Only jobs you have submitted via PTP can be controlled (they must also be owned by you of course). In theory you should be able to control any job owned by you, but the current implementation does not allow this. I've opened bug 384978 with a description of the problem.

Regards,
Greg

Back to the top