Re: [ptp-user] IBM LoadLeveler (Eclipse Iuno RC3 Build id: 20120606-2254)

On Saturday, June 30, 2012 13:29:42 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:03:20 Greg Watson wrote:
> > The monitoring is not working because LL 5.1 changed the default output
> > from the llstatus command from 'machine' to 'cluster'. We should have a
> > fix for this in 6.0.1. In the mean time, you can edit the file
> > '.eclipsesettings/rms/LL/da_nodes_info_LML.pl' and change the line
> > 'open(IN," $cmd -l |");' to 'open(IN," $cmd -L machine -l |");'.
>
> Greg,
>
> I guess, you meant the .eclipsesettings on the remote $HOME ?
>
> I did the change as follows.
> di69job@login03:~/.eclipsesettings/rms/LL> pwd
> /home/hpc/pr63vu/di69job/.eclipsesettings/rms/LL
> di69job@login03:~/.eclipsesettings/rms/LL> grep open da_nodes_info_LML.pl
> open(IN," $cmd -L machine -l |");
> open(OUT,"> $filename") || die "cannot open file $filename";
>
> Then I restarted eclipse, opened the monitoring view, and switched on
> monitoring for remote connection "SuperMUC".
>
> This caused my eclipse to hang. The eclipse screen froze, the process
> eclipse  took more CPU load than a single core (typically CPU1 100%, CPU2
> 38%). I had to kill eclipse (signal terminate), which put the CPU-load back
> to normal and made the fan of my TP go quiet again.

Greg,

I forgot to say that the above issue went away with the Iuno release (Build
id: 20120614-1722). I can now see all nodes of SuperMUC in the Monitor window.

However, I noted when right-clicking on an active job in the monitor
perspective, that all LoadLeveler actions like canceling the job are greyed
out. Should I expect this ?
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top