Re: [ptp-user] Open MPI-Generic-Interactive (Eclipse Iuno RC3 Build id: 20120606-2254)

On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:00:08 Greg Watson  wrote:

> Chrisoph,

> Yes, in order to simplifying the general usability of the launch

> configuration, I had to sacrifice the local connection.

> Please open a feature request on bugzilla. If someone wants to take a look

> at this, feel free!

> THanks,

> Greg

> On Jun 19, 2012, at 10:22 AM, Christoph Pospiech wrote:

> > Hi,

> > I just tried to launch a parallel program using run

> > configurations->Parallel  Applications->target system configuration

> > Open MPI-Generic-Interactive.>

> > I wanted to launch on localhost, but I had to specify a connection name.

> > I can  well live with the obvious (for me at least) solution to specify

> > a remote connection to <my_own_userid>@localhost port 22. -- But was

> > this intended ?>

> > Would it hurt to offer a predefined "localhost" connection as additional

> > choice  for the connection name ? Basically hard code what I did above.

Greg,

after some contemplation I would suggest to leave it as it is.

* After listening to the PTP user call and discussing with various people it appears that I am the only one using my Laptop for running parallel programs (for debugging and test).

* Adding a special case like proposed by me complicates the usage of run configurations again. - And we are so happy that you simplified it.

* Adding a remote connection to me@localhost really isn't a big deal at all.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top