Re: [ptp-user] Photran syntax exception - to be wrong or not to be wrong (Eclipse Iuno Build id 20120614-1722)

On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:00:09 Jeffrey Overbey wrote:

> Hi Christoph,

> > called "Outline" it says the following.

> > <free form>

> > SyntaxException: Syntax error: Unexpected end of input [...]

> > Am I correct that these two phenomena are connected ?

> Yes.  If Photran can't parse the file (which is what that error

> indicates), Open Declaration won't work either.

Help !!

I switched from Iuno RC3 to Iuno GA - and all Photran refactoring appears to be gone ! I ticked the boxes project->Properties->Fortran General->Analysis refactoring, and reopened the file (and also restarted Eclipse), but none of the refactorings are available and OpenDeclaration doesn't even work for variables that are in the same file.

Anything else I might be missing ?

> There is a "report a bug" link on Photran's home page.  Please feel free

> to report this there; you can either attach the entire source file to

> the bug, or if you can isolate what statement(s) cause the error, you

> can include that instead.

This is a moving target - the list of spurious error messages keeps changing while upgrading from Iuno RC3 to Iuno GA

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top