Re: [ptp-user] Photran syntax exception - to be wrong or not to be wrong (Eclipse Iuno Build id 20120614-1722)

On Friday, June 29, 2012 16:29:28 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> On Friday, June 29, 2012 13:48:48 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> > Help !!
> >

> > I switched from Iuno RC3 to Iuno GA - and all Photran refactoring
> > appears
> > to  be gone ! I ticked the boxes project->Properties->Fortran
> > General->Analysis refactoring, and reopened the file (and also restarted
> > Eclipse), but none of the refactorings are available and OpenDeclaration
> > doesn't even work for variables that are in the same file.
> >

> > Anything else I might be missing ?
>
> Just to let everyone know - This time I didn't scratch Iuno_RC3. So, I
> closed  eclipse Iuno GA, scratched the workspace, .settings, .project and
> .cproject. Then I fired up Iuno_RC3, imported the project from Git (as
> general project), Used the wizard to turn this into a C/C++ Makefile
> project, then into a Fortran project, ticked the boxes
> project->Properties->Fortran General->Analysis refactoring, and reopened
> the file (and also restarted Eclipse).
>
> - and whoops, all refactorings were back again, hovering showed the
> definition  and F3 opened the file with the definition - unless for those
> cases where there were errors in the Fortran Analysis/Refactoring window.
>
> To me it looks like the GA version has a problem. Is this problem known ?
> Will  it be fixed with the next upgrade ?

Sorry, one more update - It is not the GA version that is wrong. Suddenly, I
could reproduce the non-functional behavior with Iuno_RC3 as well - and then I
knew what I did differently with Iuno_RC3 and Iuno GA.

To double check on my hypothesis, I closed eclipse Iuno_RC3, scratched the
workspace, .settings, .project and .cproject. Then I fired up Iuno GA, imported
the project from Git (as general project), Used the wizard to turn this into a
C/C++ Makefile project, then into a Fortran project, ticked the boxes project-
>Properties->Fortran General->Analysis refactoring, and reopened the file (and
also restarted Eclipse).

--- and whoops, all refactorings were back again, hovering showed the
definition  and F3 opened the file with the definition - also for the GA version.

The difference was that in project-> Properties -> Fortran General -> Source
Form, I had changed *.f90 to "free form, CPP preprocessed". Albeit this is
correct for my code, this puts Photran refactoring completely off-guard. So,
better leave everything untouched, in default state. Then refactoring works -
except for the spurious syntax exceptions, I mentioned in an earlier post.
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top