[ptp-user] Problems with current PTP

Hello to everybody.

Today I've tried the latest PTP together with the latest "Eclipse distribution for parallel development".
I had serious problems caused by the debugger (sdm).

Basically, the problem is that an MPI program that runs normally without any problem, crashes when debugged through PTP and sdm.

I cannot share the source code (because it's proprietary) but the crash happens on a "cout" call (I'm debugging C++ code). Precisely, I have pieces of code like this:

if (rank == 0) {
   cout << "Bla bla bla" << endl;
}

and when the debugger arrives at the cout call, PTP crashes saying something like:

Write: broken pipe.

And then follow some errors saying that one of the processes exited abnormally.

If I don't debug the program, or even if I debug it attaching an instance of gdb to each process, the crash never happens.

Is there a particular setting that I have to use, or is this a PTP bug?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards.

--
Michele De Stefano