Re: [ptp-user] PTP and modules

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 09:34:31 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 17, 2012 22:45:51 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> > Jeff,
> >

> > I installed Juno as requested. It says the following.
> >
> >  Version: Juno Release
> >
> > Build id: 20120322-1740
> >

> > I then imported a project from a git repository as general project,
> > converted  it first into a Fortran project then into a synchronized
> > project.
> >

> > There was indeed an Environment Management category in the C/C++ Build
> > settings, but it looked different from your screen shot. I am only
> > seeing
> > one  filed labeled "Configuration" with a button "Manage" next to it.
> > When I click this button, the same menu pops up that I know from "right
> > click on project name"->BuildConfigurations->Manage.
>
> Jeff,
>
> I scratched the workspace and the local git tree, restarted eclipse (to
> have  these two directories rebuilt) and converted again to a synchronized
> project - on a different host. --- And it worked !! Apparently, a clean
> environment helps a lot.
>
> The current host doesn't have modules installed. I ticked the "manually
> specify environment configuration commands" and will go from there.
>
> I might visit the remote host that has modules installed later.
>
> I'll keep my eyes open. I'll keep you posted.

Jeff,

occasionally, I still get the blank screen as described above. But this is an
on-off phenomenon. The next time I open that screen everything is fine.

The"manually specify environment configuration commands" worked fine for me. I
used the Intel MPI and Compiler setup scripts in there.

I take it that these setting apply only for build, not for e.g. a remote
launch - which is one special type of resource manager for parallel execution.
Correct ?
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top