Re: [ptp-user] remote LML

Greg, Jay,

First, the computer is TERA100, the batch resource manager is based on Slurm + special commands. I developed LML DA scripts that are working well if I run them (or if eclipse PTP) runs them from the supercomputer.

So the Eclipse PTP Resource Manager is homemade based on the PBS/openmpi one. It works fine when I run Eclipse from the supercomputer.

But, this is not what we want for users… Eclipse should not run on supercomputers J !

So, I am trying to make everything remote using the rdt-server.

Again, basic RSE operations are working fine…

When I launch from Eclipse on the station, the resource manager, it queries correctly the names of the queues, etc, and it stops when it requires the perl LML_da_driver.pl script.

What I am seeing is that (running rdt-server verbosely) Eclipse does send a correct request.xml but it is set to a 0 size in the tmp_xxx/request.xml file until I stop the server from the Eclipse progress window where the script is correctly runs (but the station’s client is stop so it is useless J ).

(at the end of the .xml there are 2 lines

echo ‘<’PWD=$PWD

echo $PWD’>’

)

Is it more clear now ?

I think I am not far from my goal, I am planning to see what is happening on the rdt-server but I tried this one year ago and I do remember it is not that easy ! If someone has an idea, I’ll be happy then.

Regards,

Jean-Christophe.

PS: Also what I’d like to see is if we are able to debug in batch… (i.e. to wait until the debug job is launched…) Does that make sense ?