Re: [ptp-user] Problem duing 'File Search'

> There are actually two problems:
>
> 1) Searching in .ptp-sync. There is currently nothing that prevents
> this. It's a good
> question whether Eclipse provides a way for plug-ins to exclude
> directories from
> search automatically. (Users can do so by using working sets.)

FYI, I'm not using working sets so that might be part of my problem,
because I've not embraced this newer technology. Also I've not found a way
to exclude files from search automatically.

> 2) Refreshing the workspace. The workspace is automatically
> refreshed after sync'ing,
> but there may still be certain situations where changes can occur
> without a refresh.
> Unless the file was changed outside of Eclipse somehow, that
> indicates a problem in
> synchronized projects.

As a side question, why is .ptp-sync put in the current project directory
and not under the metadata for the project?

Back to the top