[ptp-user] Problem duing 'File Search'

I have a PTP synchronized C/C++ project between a Linux client and an AIX
front-end node. In general things work fine.

For example, I do a File Search successfully and review the results in
Eclipse.
However, after short period of time transpires, and I do another File
Search and get a popup containing the following:

   Problem Occurred
   'File Search' has encountered a problem.
   Problems encountered during text search.
   Details:
   Problems encountered during text search.
   File '<project>/.ptp-sync/refs/heads/master' has been skipped, problem
   while reading: ('Resource is out of sync with the file system:
   '/<project>/.ptp-sync/refs/heads/master'.').
   Resource is out of sync with the file system:
   '/<project>/.ptp-sync/refs/heads/master'.
   File '<project>/.ptp-sync/logs/refs/heads/master' has been skipped,
   problem while reading: ('Resource is out of sync with the file system:
   '/<project>/.ptp-sync/logs/refs/heads/master'.').
   Resource is out of sync with the file system:
   '/<project>/.ptp-sync/logs/refs/heads/master'.
   File '<project>/.ptp-sync/logs/HEAD' has been skipped, problem while
   reading: ('Resource is out of sync with the file system:
   '/<project>/.ptp-sync/logs/HEAD'.').
   Resource is out of sync with the file system:
   '/<project>/.ptp-sync/logs/HEAD'.
   File '<project>/.ptp-sync/index' has been skipped, problem while
   reading: ('Resource is out of sync with the file system:
   '/<project>/.ptp-sync/index'.').
   Resource is out of sync with the file system:
   '/<project>/.ptp-sync/index'.

If I do a Refresh then the problem goes away and no popup appears.
Thoughts? Why is text search attempting to look in the .ptp-sync files?

Brian Watt, IBM

Back to the top