Re: [ptp-user] PTP as a debugger in external Makefile project

You don't say what you tried or what problems were encountered.
You may need to create an eclipse project with your source files and executables in it.
The fact that they were developed and built outside of eclipse may not matter, not sure.

I assume you are running locally on your Mac with OpenMPI locally installed. (what version?)
Did you read the release notes for how to install PTP?
Particularly, did you build the sdm? http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes/5.0#Install_optional_PTP_server_components

Did you read the PTP help/user's guide that's included? Help > Help Contents
That describes how to launch the parallel program in the debugger - it
is also here: http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.ptp.doc.user%2Fhtml%2F06parDebugging.html

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Tomasz Koziara ---01/17/2012 06:27:26 AM---Hi I am developing an MPI code using vi + gcc, which I am Tomasz Koziara ---01/17/2012 06:27:26 AM---Hi I am developing an MPI code using vi + gcc, which I am happy with.

Tomasz Koziara <tomasz.koziara@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx,

01/17/2012 06:27 AM

[ptp-user] PTP as a debugger in external Makefile project

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

I am developing an MPI code using vi + gcc, which I am happy with.

I used to use TotalView to debug it: I would simply launch my
application from within TotalView using OpenMPI as an environment. TV
would upload the binary and source files and the debugging would start.

Is it possible to do the same with PTP?

I downloaded Eclipse IDE for Parallel ... the 32 bit version for my
Mac laptop. I did try to follow a couple of tutorials and help pages,
but I did fail to run end debug my application.

How to do it? => Externally compiled application and sources are
sitting in the same directory. I only want to debug it (in MPI mode)
using Eclipse PTP.

Best regards,
Tomasz