[ptp-user] PTP as a debugger in external Makefile project

Hi

I am developing an MPI code using vi + gcc, which I am happy with.

I used to use TotalView to debug it: I would simply launch my application from within TotalView using OpenMPI as an environment. TV would upload the binary and source files and the debugging would start.

Is it possible to do the same with PTP?

I downloaded Eclipse IDE for Parallel ... the 32 bit version for my Mac laptop. I did try to follow a couple of tutorials and help pages, but I did fail to run end debug my application.

How to do it? => Externally compiled application and sources are sitting in the same directory. I only want to debug it (in MPI mode) using Eclipse PTP.

Best regards,
Tomasz

Back to the top