[ptp-user] More on SDM Problems

Hi again,

I just wanted to add that I was able to set breakpoints in gdb for serial code compiled with PGI Fortran.   So this behavior seems to work for gdb despite the Java exception that I get from trying to set a breakpoint using the SDM debugger.

It also does not work to give the Resource Manager the absolute paths to the four different MPICH scripts it wants.   Apparently they are also not stored correctly.

I get many errors when trying to start up the Resource Manager, including NoClassDefFoundErrors associated with messages like: "Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.ui.workbench".

Could there be some kind of Java classpath problem?

Would you recommend switching to a different compiler at this point?    Surely someone has gotten SDM with Fortran running under OSX Snow Leopard.   Maybe PGI is not the best choice for a compiler.

--Brian

Back to the top