Re: [ptp-user] More on SDM Problems

Brian,

I just tried a simple Fortran Hello World program on OSX SL and it seemed to work fine. I don't see any java errors. Here's what I did (I'm using the 'Eclipse IDE for Parallel Application Developers' updated to PTP 5.0.4):

1. Download the SDM from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/tools/ptp/updates/indigo/ptp-proxy-5.0.4-201111121445.zip
2. Unzip this and run 'sh BUILD' in proxy/org.eclipse.ptp.macosx.x86_5.0.4.201111121445
3. Get a copy of gfortran from here: http://hpc.sourceforge.net/ then install it in / (as root)
4. Launch Eclipse, create a new Fortran hello world project
5. Edit the makefile, change the fortran compiler to /usr/local/bin/gfortran, and remove the -O2 optimization.
6. Compile it by clicking on hammer.
7. Create an Open MPI resource manager
8. Create a debug configuration using this project and RM, set the executable, and set number of procs to 1
9. On debug tab, select SDM from step 2. Make sure session host is 'localhost'.
10. Launch debug session.

At this point I was able to debug the fortran program, set breakpoints, step, etc.

I don't have a version of Open MPI installed that is built with Fortran, so I wasn't able to test an MPI program. Ditto MPICH2.

I could have also used the 'Generic Resource Manager' to launch the sequential program instead of Open MPI.

Greg