Re: [ptp-user] PTP Eclipse and Intel Composer XE for Linux

You'll need to look at the documentation for your window system. Every window system does it in a different way. Mac OSX, for example, requires that you create an environment.plist file in ~/.MacOSX. I don't know what Linux requires, but it is probably different for Gnome, KDE, etc.

Greg

On Sep 26, 2011, at 8:45 AM, Vitaliy FEOKTISTOV wrote:

> Hello Greg,
>
> I tried to start Eclipse from the command line, it's ok, I can compile
> and Eclipse picks up the necessary paths.
> But I did not understand how to correctly create  a desktop link to
> start it from a window system.
> I did the script eclipse_run.sh file
> - cd /usr/lib eclipse
> - ./eclipse
> and ran this file as eclipse.desktop
> The paths do not picked by this way.
>
> Best,
> Vitaliy
>

> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Eclipse does not necessarily pick up your path from your .bashrc. It depends on whether you start Eclipse from the command line or using a window system. Try starting Eclipse from the command line to see if the path is picked up correctly.
>>
>> Greg
>>
>> On Sep 24, 2011, at 10:21 PM, Vitaliy FEOKTISTOV wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm new in using Eclipse and would like to ask the help on how to do
>>> Fortran and C projects using Intel Composer XE suite (Fortran, C/C++
>>> compilers, MKL and IDB) for Linux.
>>>
>>> I try to compile Fortran Hello World program but I have the following
>>> error
>>> /bin/sh: ifort: not found
>>> make: *** [test.o] Error 127
>>>
>>> There is no problem with Fortran environment variables
>>> I added $ source /opt/intel/... ia32 in my .bashrc
>>>
>>> That is Eclipse does not see the PATH to Fortran compiler, isn't it ?
>>>
>>> Could you help me to configure Ecplise with Intel Suite, please ?
>>>
>>> As these are my first steps with Eclipse could you point me out to the
>>> Eclipse tutorial videos, please ?
>>>
>>> Especially I'm interested in
>>> - Fortran and C/C++ projects
>>> - MPI and OpenMP projects
>>> - Remote projects
>>> - Profiling and Debuging
>>> (russian, french, english languages are ok for me)
>>>
>>> Thank you !
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Vitaliy