Re: [ptp-user] Slurm resource manager configuration

Hello Beth,

Ok. I didn't understand that the proxy must be on the cluster side... it makes sense in fact ;-)

I will try to install it there.

Thanks,

Best,

Steph

On 27 août 2011, at 20:33, Beth Tibbitts wrote:

You need to build and locate the proxy executable on the remote machine.

Sounds like your proxy executable was built on your Mac.
The release notes section on installing the server (remote machine) components is at: http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes/5.0#Install_optional_PTP_server_components
You need to move the proxy code to your remote server, build it there, then in the resource manager setup, navigate to find the proxy executable that you built on the remote machine.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

<graycol.gif>Stéphane Backaert ---08/27/2011 05:55:46 AM---Hello everyone, I am a bit lost in the configuration of the resource manager using Slurm. I read all

<ecblank.gif>
    From:
<ecblank.gif>
Stéphane Backaert <stephanebackaert@xxxxxxxxx>
<ecblank.gif>
    To:
<ecblank.gif>
ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
<ecblank.gif>
    Date:
<ecblank.gif>
08/27/2011 05:55 AM
<ecblank.gif>
    Subject:
<ecblank.gif>
[ptp-user] Slurm resource manager configuration
<ecblank.gif>
    Sent by:
<ecblank.gif>
ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello everyone,

I am a bit lost in the configuration of the resource manager using Slurm. I read all the tutorials and help about that. However, I still have the same issue :-(

I use a cluster using slurm and I usually submit my job with sbatch slurm_batch_script through a ssh session. I have installed eclipse+ptp on my local machine and did the procedure to get ptp_slurm_proxy executable in /Application/eclipse/plugin/org.eclipse.ptp.rm.slurm.proxy_5.0.2.201108171244 directory (local). I use a mac.

I did the following steps:
- right-click in the ressource managers view-> add resource manager -> slurm -> next
- in the next panel: remote service provider = remote tools; connection name = myRemoteHost (created with New...)

But when I click on Browse, I am on the filesystem of the cluster where there is obviously no ptp_slurm_proxy executable!!

If I try with remote service provider = local, I can then choose my ptp_slurm_proxy exec. But where can I define the name of my cluster frontend so that my local proxy server can connect to the cluster??

Does anyone understand where I made a mistake?

Best,

Stephane