[ptp-user] Slurm resource manager configuration

Hello everyone,

I am a bit lost in the configuration of the resource manager using Slurm. I read all the tutorials and help about that. However, I still have the same issue :-(

I use a cluster using slurm and I usually submit my job with sbatch slurm_batch_script through a ssh session. I have installed eclipse+ptp on my local machine and did the procedure to get ptp_slurm_proxy executable in /Application/eclipse/plugin/org.eclipse.ptp.rm.slurm.proxy_5.0.2.201108171244 directory (local). I use a mac.

I did the following steps:
- right-click in the ressource managers view-> add resource manager -> slurm -> next
- in the next panel: remote service provider = remote tools; connection name = myRemoteHost (created with New...)

But when I click on Browse, I am on the filesystem of the cluster where there is obviously no ptp_slurm_proxy executable!!

If I try with remote service provider = local, I can then choose my ptp_slurm_proxy exec. But where can I define the name of my cluster frontend so that my local proxy server can connect to the cluster??

Does anyone understand where I made a mistake?

Best,

Stephane

Back to the top