Re: [ptp-user] A command and a question about Synchronized Projects in Indigo

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 8:18 PM, Corey Ashford <cjashfor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg,

Thanks for the quick reply!

By the way, I should have mentioned that I'm working with Eclipse Indigo
RC1.

I just tried what you suggested, but I wasn't able to get it to work.
First, I cannot delete the existing include paths.  I was able to add
the remote path, as you suggested, but it didn't seem to "take".  The
path does show up in the list of include paths, at the top, but perhaps
something I didn't set up it correctly, because when I try to open the
twisty in the Includes tree of the project in the Project Explorer, it
shows no entries.  Furthermore, if I re-run the indexing operation, I
still get the local /usr/include/string.h file.

Two other things I'm finding:

1) Remote makes don't seem to work.  When I attempt it, I'm seeing this
error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 2 2011-05-17 17:12:05.902
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in:
"org.eclipse.core.resources".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.BuildConfigurationManager (initialization
failure)

I just tested it with
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/builds/8.0.0/I.I201105160958/index.html
eclipse-SDK-3.7RC1
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/indigo/I.I201105171836/index.html

and that worked. Please let us know if you keep getting an error with PTP and CDT at least those two versions
(as of this email http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/indigo/I.I201105172207/index.html is the latest)

2) Quite frequently I'm seeing a hang condition where there are multiple
"Remote Synchronization" processes running in Eclipse, all of which
appear to be in a hung state, making no progress.  I'm seeing quite a
few Java stack dumps.  Here's a typical one:

sync failed:
org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.git.core.RemoteSyncException:

org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.git.core.GitRemoteSyncConnection.syncLocalToRemote(GitRemoteSyncConnection.java:546)
       ... 3 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Invalid packet line header: sh -
       at
org.eclipse.jgit.transport.PacketLineIn.readLength(PacketLineIn.java:193)
       at

But it also works sometimes? Or does every sync attempt produce this error? Could you check whether the local files have been copied to the remote directory?

What type (bash/dash/...) and version is the remote /bin/sh? What version of git do you have installed remotely?
What version of JGit do you have in your Eclipse (Help->Install new Software->Already installed->Plug-Ins you should find "JGit Core")?

Can you start Eclipse from a console? Do you get any additional errors printed to the console?

BTW: In case you are interested to help, any help is of course very welcome (as in every OpenSource project). Very probably won't have time  to implement the "sync branch" idea in the next 1-2 months. So any help would speed that up. Of course testing/feedback alone is also very welcome!

Thanks
Roland

- Corey