Re: [ptp-user] A command and a question about Synchronized Projects in Indigo

Corey,

Thanks for your feedback!

I'll say a couple of things, then I'll let Roland and/or John (who have done most of the work) respond.

The original idea was not to replace Team support in Eclipse, but to provide a separate mechanism for supporting remote projects. So I had always envisioned checking out the project from CVS (or GIT or SVN) into my workspace, then converting to a synchronized project. This way, commits to the main repo would still be managed by the user through the Team interfaces, and the commits to the synchronized version would be purely for the purpose of keeping it in sync. However, that doesn't mean your suggestion to batch commits wouldn't be a useful option.

Regarding remote include files. I implemented a mechanism for supporting remote includes in CDT that is in the latest builds. However, we haven't managed to get this to work automatically with synchronized project yet, as it requires some integration with the remote scanner discovery (the thing that discovers what includes/defines are set on the remote system). I'm not sure if this will make it into 5.0 or not yet. However, in the mean time you can play with manually configuring remote includes. All you need to do is to open the project properties, go to C/C++ General Settings > Paths and Symbols. Then choose the build configuration you want to use. Click on GNU C and remove the existing paths. Then add new paths to the remote include directories using UNC notation (e.g. //<connection>/usr/include where <connection> is the name of the connection you specified for Remote Tools).

Hope this helps,
Greg