Re: [ptp-user] rdt: .project file missing when eclipse crashed

The error about the .project being missing is likely due to the fact that RSE-hosted remote projects are closed on workbench startup. Check and see if you just need to reopen the project.

Depending on the type of remote project you have (remote tools vs. RSE) and other factors (such as whether you have the remote systems view open), a connection may be initiated during workbench startup.

You probably do not want to use the local providers. I agree that it's a bit confusing. We have debated filtering it out somehow but it's not as easy as it sounds.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for kobol ---04/27/2011 02:58:53 AM---Hi, I got a problem  using ptp.  The remote c/c++ project can't be kobol ---04/27/2011 02:58:53 AM---Hi, I got a problem using ptp. The remote c/c++ project can't be opened again as

kobol <june_kobol@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/27/2011 02:58 AM

[ptp-user] rdt: .project file missing when eclipse crashed

Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
I got a problem using ptp. The remote c/c++ project can't be opened again as eclipse restarted due to previous collapse.
The exception shown ".project" file was missing. so I have to recreate a remote project.
In addition, eclipse starts up very slowly when the remote server was shut down. I wonder whether the remote project is connecting to the server all the way in the process of eclipse starting.
what's more, I was confused when I created a remote project using wizard. The "Local" provider is strange.
Sometimes, these experience made me a little crazy.

btw, I want to know if you will provide a RDT developer guide.

Thanks,

ptp-user mailing list
ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx