[ptp-user] Eclipse Behaving Poorly When Remote Machine is Taken Off-line

The Eclipse interface for CDT using Remote System Explorer hangs
when remote computers are taken off-line.  This occurs even when trying
to use local projects which do not make any direct use of the remote
systems features.  Basically, when attempting to setup a new debugger
launcher the systems seems to search for each remote machine
previously registered with Eclipse.   After asking for log-in password
and a long time-out, Eclipse reports an error message about "Daemon
not launched".

Is there a way to delete the remote machine from the registry for
the Remote System Explorer?   I've removed the username/password
pair and have not launched any of the resources managers, but the
problem persists.     This is really frustrating, since this basically
breaks my install of Eclipse for use for local development.

This occurred for PTP 3.0, RSE 3.1.1, CDT 6.0.2.

Thanks in advance for help.

-- PA

Back to the top