[ptp-user] remote c++ project

Hi,

I have a standard use case. I would like to run eclipse on Windows, all sources / compilation reside on linux server. I am considering installing RDT on my company linux server. According to RDT installation and usage instruction, RDT should be ran with root user in order it could do authentication. This seems very problematic to me from security aspects. It seems very problematic running a code I am not familiar with on my company production server as a root user. Could someone please clarify why RDT should be ran with a root user? Is there any solution to this issue?

Thanks a lot,
Yevgeny

Back to the top