Re: [ptp-user] Remote project

I am using rdt-server-linux-3.0.1.tar on server side, and ptp-master-3.0.1-I201002011019.zip as my client plugin. When I am trying to create a remote project, the creating procedure is no longer the same as described in the RDT document. As described in RDT document:
  • The next page of the wizard requires you to manually configure RDT services. First configure the Build service. Select RDT Remote Build Service as the service provider, then click Configure.

    Configure the Build Service

  • Select the same provider and connection that you used on the first page of the wizard then click OK.

    Configure the Build Service

  • Now configure the C/C++ Indexing service. Select RDT Remote C/C++ Indexing Service as the service provider, then click Configure.

    Configure the Build Service

  • Select the same connection that you used on the first page of the wizard, then click OK.

    Configure the Build Service

  • Click Finish. Creating the project may take a few minutes. Once the project has been created it will appear in the Project Explorer view.

  • While my experience is as follow:
    "
      enable and configure "Code Indexing", "Build", "Debug", "Launch", "Profile" services, and some of them are confusing me.
    "

    So, I think the tutorial in the RDT documentation along with the PTP master achieve is no longer correct now. And I tried with my understanding, I did not succeed. So I am here to ask for some help on the creating procedure of remote project.

    Regards,
    Zou Yuanbin

    On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 8:55 PM, Beth Tibbitts <tibbitts@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    >I think information in the RDT documentation is out of date
    To what are you referring?
    The RDT documentation that is installed when you install RDT is also available online here: http://eclipse.org/ptp/doc.php

    >I think information in the RDT documentation is out of date, it's using rdt-server-linux-1.0 to illustrate the server installation.
    Yes you are right, we finally renamed the server zips with the correct version info.
    If you are using PTP 3.0.1 then you should be installing rdt-server-linux-3.0.1.tar
    What version are you using?

    ...Beth

    Beth Tibbitts
    Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
    IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
    Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

    Inactive hide details for Zou Yuanbin ---03/18/2010 03:13:29 AM---Is there anybody who can help me to take advantage of this feZou Yuanbin ---03/18/2010 03:13:29 AM---Is there anybody who can help me to take advantage of this feature? I am looking forward to use this

    Zou Yuanbin <stgrandet@xxxxxxxxx>

    PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    03/18/2010 03:13 AM

    Re: [ptp-user] Remote project

    Sent by:

    ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

    Is there anybody who can help me to take advantage of this feature? I am looking forward to use this tools to continue my research, with codes and build/launch services on remote server.

    Thanks so much,
    Zou Yuanbin

    On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Zou Yuanbin <stgrandet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Anybody who can explain?

      Thanks
      Zou Yuanbin

      On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Zou Yuanbin <stgrandet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      I think information in the RDT documentation is out of date, it's using rdt-server-linux-1.0 to illustrate the server installation. And when I try to create a remote c/c++ project, I am no longer asked to configure "build" and "c/c++ indexing" services, but asked to enable and configure "Code Indexing", "Build", "Debug", "Launch", "Profile" services, and some of them are confusing me.
      Anyone can confirm this?

      Thanks
      Zou Yuanbin

      On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
        This functionality is in PTP 3.0, but it's a little tricky to set up.

        Remote launch and debug should be covered in the tutorial.

        Information on setting up a remote project (remote build) is available in the Remote Development Tools (RDT) documentation that is installed when you install the RDT feature.

        Regards,

        Greg