[ptp-user] Problem with running MPI application in PTP

Hi,
I've done some extensive research on my problem, and couldnt find a solution.

Problem is:
Im trying to run a simple MPI Hello world app...
In console, it works great..
I just type "mpirun -np 4 MPiHelloWorld" and all is ok.

But in eclipse, after i set up the whole PTP environment,
and start the program with 2 processes, i get a red output in console:

[Mario-Ogrizek-Tomass-MacBook-Pro.local:94363]  Map for job: 0 Generated by mapping mode: byslot

  Starting vpid: 0 Vpid range: 1 Num app_contexts: 1

  Data for app_context: index 0 app: unknown

  Num procs: 1

  Working dir: (null) (user: 108)

  Num maps: 0

  Num elements in nodes list: 1

  Mapped node:

  Cell: 0 Nodename: Mario-Ogrizek-Tomass-MacBook-Pro.local Launch id: -1 Username: NULL

  Daemon name:

Data type: ORTE_PROCESS_NAME Data Value: NULL

  Oversubscribed: False Num elements in procs list: 1

  Mapped proc:

  Proc Name:

  Data type: ORTE_PROCESS_NAME Data Value: [0,0,0]

  Proc Rank: 0 Proc PID: 0 App_context index: 0

Hello MPI World From process 0: Num processes: 1

[Mario-Ogrizek-Tomass-MacBook-Pro.local:94362]  Map for job: 0 Generated by mapping mode: byslot

  Starting vpid: 0 Vpid range: 1 Num app_contexts: 1

  Data for app_context: index 0 app: unknown

  Num procs: 1

  Working dir: (null) (user: 108)

  Num maps: 0

  Num elements in nodes list: 1

  Mapped node:

  Cell: 0 Nodename: Mario-Ogrizek-Tomass-MacBook-Pro.local Launch id: -1 Username: NULL

  Daemon name:

Data type: ORTE_PROCESS_NAME Data Value: NULL

  Oversubscribed: False Num elements in procs list: 1

  Mapped proc:

  Proc Name:

  Data type: ORTE_PROCESS_NAME Data Value: [0,0,0]

  Proc Rank: 0 Proc PID: 0 App_context index: 0

Hello MPI World From process 0: Num processes: 1

And in process info i get "Job 0:0" and "Job 0:1" which both have the same program output: "Hello MPI World From process 0: Num processes: 1"

There seems to be some kind of problem with orte process, thats my guess.

Important thing to mention, im running this on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
And i first installed mpich, and after that open mpi, which i decided to use.

Also, mpirun version is: mpirun (Open MPI) 1.2.8

Pls help me!

Back to the top