Re: [ptp-user] PTP/ETFw

Greetings,

The dual menu entries are most likely caused by either artifacts in your workspace or duplicate plugin installations.  First make sure that you have only one set of org.eclipse.ptp.etfw plugins in your <eclipse>/plugins directory.  Also make sure you no longer have any org.eclipse.ptp.perf plugins, since the etfw plugins have replaced those.  If your plugins are ok try making a clean workspace and see if the bogus menu entries are still there.

TAU's profile management system, including the perfdmf database, needs some extra configuration after you install the plugins.  cd to ./eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.ptp.etfw.tau.jars_<version> and run the copy_tau_jars.sh script, give it the location of your tau installation as an input.  It will copy the necessary jars into this directory.  We're looking at a change that will make this step unnecessary.  When adding the data to your database does fail the profile output should be stored in a timestamped directory in your workspace.  If no profile data is getting generated at all then something else is amiss.

Regarding your previous message the method you proposed won't work because the argument you specified would show up before the compiler command.  The best way to get something like this to work right now would be to specify the commands like:

<compile replace="true">
    <cc comand="gcc" group="gnu">
        <argument value="value="-L%GROUP_mpitrace_openmpi%/lib -lmpitrace""/>
    </cc>

Basically you would need to replace the compiler command given in the Eclipse compiler configuration settings with the same command, plus your additional argument.  I can probably implement something like a 'compiler_argument' tag that would add to the compiler's list of arguments directly.  I'll look into it.

Regards,
Wyatt