Re: [ptp-user] PTP/ETFw

Greetings.  I'll answer your questions in-line.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Xavier Pegenaute <xavier.pegenaute@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi again,

I have been showing the different things I have done and my users suggested me
some hints, and now I am asking you some related questions that I don't know
how to answer.
- Is it possible to show only the tab belonging to the profile tool selected
instead of all the existing tabs?

This is not currently possible.  I haven't had much luck dynamically re-defining the tab-level UI.  A different approach to my UI building may make this work but I haven't looked at it for a while.

- Is it possible to launch another tool analysis (profile cycle) while I did
not finish the previous evaluation. Some time could be interesting to show
traces of different executions.

Do you mean you want to do this programmatically with a work-flow, or that you want to manually launch another run before closing the tool launched by the previous run?  I believe either of these should work but let me know if you run into trouble.  I'm less sure about actually running two builds/executions at the same time because I don't know how Eclipse handles those resources.

- Is it possible in the tool tab to show/hide options dependant of a previous
widget? (inside the same tab)

Currently more advanced UI behavior like this has to be done with a custom UI plugin.  We have an extension point that lets you use custom UI elements in a workflow.  This is how we did the TAU configuration selection UI, for example.  However it is probably possible to work a generalized solution for this into the core ETFw system eventually.

- What is the exact support to profile executions in remote environments? the
path to the profile binaries seems are always in local machine.

Unfortunately we don't have support for remote environments in the ETFw yet.  This is one of our biggest development goals right now.

A lot of questions :-)
Regards.
Xavi.