[ptp-user] PE proxy bug? other suggestions

Hi,
One of the annoyances I have run into while testing the PE proxy seems like a bug. If you have Eclipse setup with RSE connected and the PE proxy connected and then decide to disconnect the PE proxy (right- click on the PE proxy in the PTP Runtime perspective and stop the resource manager) it not only stops the PE proxy, but also causes the RDT server to exit. I don't see why the two should be connected since they are started separately.

While I'm writing I'll note a couple other behaviors that puzzle me.

First, when you create a new remote makefile type of project the pane in the wizard that specifies the location to store the project at uses a default location on the local file system (obviously wrong...). I am also unclear what the desired behavior for that choice is. You have to choose an existing directory - which implies to me that the wizard should create a new directory with the project name in that directory, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I seem to have to either create the new empty directory by hand, or choose an existing directory and then edit the path field and tack on the new project name.

Another annoyance is the eclipse file browser. It would be great if that defaulted to the last location (or offered the last couple of paths as a list) or at least defaulted to the current project path. In something like the run configuration window there are a number of places to enter file paths that would make sense to default to the project path. In that dialog if you want to specify that the output and error go to files you have to pick existing filenames (why?) so I ended up using the shell to touch the desired file names before picking them in Eclipse.

Thanks,
Brett

Back to the top