[ptp-user] Prompt for TAU directory when using profile configuration dialog

Hi
Another member of my team was trying to use the profile configuration
dialog and did not have TAU installed. When he opened the profile
configuration dialog he got a popup dialog that prompted him to specify a
TAU installation directory. He was uncertain what to do at that point
since hwe was trying to run another profiling tool using the profile
configuration dialog.

I think that this is not TAU specific, but that the TAU plugin is issuing
this popup in initialization. Could this be related to TAU being the
default selection in the 'Select tool' dropdown in the performance
analysis tab of the profile configuration?

Is there any way to defer this popup and other initilization until the
tool is selected from the 'Select tool' dropdown?

Dave

Back to the top