Re: [ptp-user] PTP with Galileo working, but now Photran won't install

Thanks to everyone for quick responses and assistance.

Greg Watson wrote:
Ian,

If your objective is to just use Photran, then here are the options at the moment:

1. Install Eclipse 3.4.1, CDT 5.0.2 and Photran 4.0.5 (http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/builds/photran/4.0). You can also install PTP 2.1.3 if you like.

I only did the upgrade because I was having problems getting Photran to run on 3.4.1, and thought the latest PTP on Galileo may fix it. Photran was running some months ago, but some of my plugins/updates must have broken it.

2. Wait for the Photran 5.0 (due end Sept) which will work with Eclipse 3.5 and CDT 6.0. PTP 3.0 will also be available at this time.

It will have to be...

Photran is a sub-project of PTP, but the installation is separate. This may have led to the confusion.

Yes, it had.  I assumed it was included in the PTP distribution.

My other Eclipse needs are more pressing, so I'll survive for a few months without Photran -- I don't want to downgrade now that I've just spent half a day setting up Galileo.

Ian

--
Ian Stokes-Rees                            W: http://sbgrid.org
ijstokes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               T: +1 617 432-5608 x75