Re: [ptp-user] can't connect rse to rdt server

You set the port in the properties of the Files node under your connection. If you do not specify a port as a command line argument to your server then it will pick a random one each time it is launched, so it's highly recommended you supply one as a command line argument, or you will have to change the port setting in Eclipse ever time. This is all covered in the help.

There are no settings that you can set on the Remote C/C++ Indexing Subsystem that will have any effect on it. It's there for informational purposes only to indicate that RDT is installed.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto
Inactive hide details for Christoph Karle <christoph.karle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Christoph Karle <christoph.karle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

          Christoph Karle <christoph.karle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          04/20/2009 05:27 PM

          Please respond to
          PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

Re: [ptp-user] can't connect rse to rdt server

I start the server with perl ./server.pl and get the following output
DStore Server Starting...
Server Started Successfully
4033
The only service that is listed for a connection in the RSE perspective of
Eclipse is the remote indexing service, for which I changed the port number to
4033. I didn't find any other location in the preferences where I could enter a
port number.
I followed the steps in the getting started section, but there are two things
that I noticed. One thing is that according to the help
"On the second page of the New Connection Wizard click Launcher Properties
under the Available Services section. The properties section of the dialog can
be used to specify if the connection is to a daemon server or to a standalone
(manually started) server."
there should be a second page in the new connection wizard, that I don't have.
The other strange thing is that when I choose a local connection, I get the
same dialog as for a remote connection (Linux) and not the dialog shown in the
help file where I can select a local folder.
Normally I would suspect that something is wrong with my Eclipse install, but
I installed it under two different Linux distributions and the software update
manager says that all PTP and Remote components are installed.
Regards

Christoph