Re: [ptp-user] Unable to build Proxies on IBM-LL

Dave,

Is this still a problem for the 2.1.1 build?

Greg

On Jan 26, 2009, at 2:56 PM, Dave Wootton wrote:

Mohammed
Do you have the IBM xlc C and C++ compilers on your system? If so, can you
put those first in your PATH environment variable and see if you can
compile the code? I made some changes to the configure.in files a couple months ago for the sdm code to get it to build on AIX, where I only have
the IBM compilers and no gcc compilers. I see messages in your log
complaining about invalid options -qinfo=gen and -qcpluscmt for every
compilation, but they seem to be ignored. There are some c++ style
comments just before the first compilation, but I'm not sure if they are
causing problems since I see other c++ style comments that don't cause
problems.

Greg: I grabbed the latest CVS source and this builds fine on my AIX
system (with xlc). The first errors seem to have something to do with a missing declaration for the List data type as well as the ones around line
242. I don't understand why gcc is complaining about the 'char *s =
strchr(buffer, ','); statement at line 232.

Has anything changed with the sdm or proxy code between the 1/20/2009
build and today's code?
Dave

Mohammad Shahbaz Memon <m.memon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
01/26/2009 09:33 AM
Please respond to
PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[ptp-user] Unable to build Proxies on IBM-LL

Hi folks,

I am trying to compile the proxy on IBM-LL. According to the
instructions, I have,

- installed eclipse locally then updated it with CDT, PTP, and RSE
required plugins

- copied the following directories to the remote location,
org.eclipse.ptp.aix.ppc_2.1.1.200901201311
org.eclipse.ptp.proxy_2.1.1.200901201311
org.eclipse.ptp.debug.sdm_2.1.1.200901201311
org.eclipse.ptp.utils_2.1.1.200901201311

- changed directory to the org.eclipse.ptp.aix.ppc_2.1.1.200901201311

- sh BUILD

During the build, there are some errors. Please find attached the sh
BUILD console output.

May be I am not following the instructions carefully.

Thanks and Regards,

--
Mohammad Shahbaz Memon

Office: +49 (0)2461 61 6567
Fax:     +49 (0)2461 61 6656
http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)