Re: [ptp-user] remote compilation

Glad you got it working
1} I have the same complaint about Eclipse help freezing the UI so I often view it the same way in a browser!
There are several subtle bugs we hope to fix in a maintenance release soon
I am hoping others can answer your other particular questions

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for jgp ---12/15/2008 11:24:53 AM---Dear Beth,jgp ---12/15/2008 11:24:53 AM---Dear Beth,

          jgp <jgp@xxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          12/15/2008 11:21 AM

          Please respond to
          PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [ptp-user] remote compilation

Dear Beth,

I had the documentation under my eyes ! I lost myself, sorry.
I can now do remote compilation, thanks a lot.

1/ Eclipse is a little bit unfriendly when you want to read the
documentation and modify preferences at the same time because the help
window will freeze if the preferences window is open.
My "workaround" is to open a firefox window with the corresponding URL  :

   *
http://127.0.0.1:43801/help/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.doc.user/html/gettingstarted/creating_a_remote_project.html

That's a comment, nothing more...

2/ Help -> Help Contents -> RDT User Documentation -> Getting Started ->
Creating a Remote C/C++ Project --> Points 14,15,16,17
I am unable to make the C/C++ Indexing Service working, I am always
getting the following error message.

   * C/C++ indexer has encoutered a problem
   * An internal error occured during C/C++ indexer
   * java.lang.nullpointerexception

It will not stop me from compiling my code, but I am wondering if this
could be fixed...

3/ As I am trying to configure PTP -> Resource Managers -> Parallele
Env, I do not unserstand what you mean by "PTP Proxy server".
Is there any command under Linux that could help me to answer that
question ?

Best regards, jg.

--
CSCS - Swiss National Supercomputing Centre
jgp@xxxxxxx -