Re: [ptp-user] remote compilation

Dear Beth,

I had the documentation under my eyes ! I lost myself, sorry.
I can now do remote compilation, thanks a lot.

1/ Eclipse is a little bit unfriendly when you want to read the documentation and modify preferences at the same time because the help window will freeze if the preferences window is open.
My "workaround" is to open a firefox window with the corresponding URL  :

   * http://127.0.0.1:43801/help/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.doc.user/html/gettingstarted/creating_a_remote_project.html

That's a comment, nothing more...

2/ Help -> Help Contents -> RDT User Documentation -> Getting Started -> Creating a Remote C/C++ Project --> Points 14,15,16,17 I am unable to make the C/C++ Indexing Service working, I am always getting the following error message.

   * C/C++ indexer has encoutered a problem
   * An internal error occured during C/C++ indexer
   * java.lang.nullpointerexception

It will not stop me from compiling my code, but I am wondering if this could be fixed...

3/ As I am trying to configure PTP -> Resource Managers -> Parallele Env, I do not unserstand what you mean by "PTP Proxy server". Is there any command under Linux that could help me to answer that question ?

Best regards, jg.

--
CSCS - Swiss National Supercomputing Centre
jgp@xxxxxxx - www.cscs.ch - +41 (0) 91 610 8278

Back to the top