Re: [ptp-user] remote compilation

Hi
The PTP proxy server you mention in your third question is a process that
runs as an interface between the Eclipse PTP GUI and the parallel
environment (PE) application you are running. This process runs on the
same node as the poe process for your application runs, such as on a login
node. This process is responsible for setting up the environment for
running your PE application then invoking poe to run your application.

Once you install the PTP code, you need to move the code for the proxy
server to the node where it will run and compile that code. This url:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes/2.1#Installing_PTP_Server_Components
explains how to build the proxy server.
Dave

jgp <jgp@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/15/2008 11:21 AM
Please respond to
PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [ptp-user] remote compilation

Dear Beth,

I had the documentation under my eyes ! I lost myself, sorry.
I can now do remote compilation, thanks a lot.

1/ Eclipse is a little bit unfriendly when you want to read the
documentation and modify preferences at the same time because the help
window will freeze if the preferences window is open.
My "workaround" is to open a firefox window with the corresponding URL  :

    *
http://127.0.0.1:43801/help/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.doc.user/html/gettingstarted/creating_a_remote_project.html

That's a comment, nothing more...

2/ Help -> Help Contents -> RDT User Documentation -> Getting Started ->
Creating a Remote C/C++ Project --> Points 14,15,16,17
I am unable to make the C/C++ Indexing Service working, I am always
getting the following error message.

    * C/C++ indexer has encoutered a problem
    * An internal error occured during C/C++ indexer
    * java.lang.nullpointerexception

It will not stop me from compiling my code, but I am wondering if this
could be fixed...

3/ As I am trying to configure PTP -> Resource Managers -> Parallele
Env, I do not unserstand what you mean by "PTP Proxy server".
Is there any command under Linux that could help me to answer that
question ?

Best regards, jg.

--
CSCS - Swiss National Supercomputing Centre
jgp@xxxxxxx - www.cscs.ch - +41 (0) 91 610 8278