Re: #4: Re: [ptp-user] How do I set up a machine set?

Tudor,

See comments below.

On Aug 16, 2007, at 1:13 PM, Tudor Buican wrote:

Greg,

Here are a couple of observations:

1. The nodes were initially on "idle" (allocated to me, etc.), then they
turned to "job running" when I started a job, and to "job stopped" at
the end of the job. This worked fine, and I could see which nodes the
job was running on.

However, when I turned off precisely the nodes the job had run on and
restarted that same job, not only did those nodes not change their
status from "job stopped" to "down" (nor to anything else), but the job
itself (the icons) showed up as "exited normally", even though the
"Process details" window showed "Node: N/A" and no program output.

I suspect that we're not dealing with this situation correctly (it may never have been tested in fact). Would you please open a bug report so we can keep track of the problem and make sure it gets fixed?

2. The MPI Artifacts/Run MPI Analysis doesn't seem to find any such
artifacts in my MPI program.

Beth can probably answer this better than me, but the problem is usually that you haven't set the location of the MPI header files in the project properties.

Apart from these teething problems (and whatever else may be lurking out
there), this is very nice work!

Thanks for the feedback and compliments!

-Tudor