Re: [ptp-user] Problem Installing PTP in Eclipse

On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 22:44 -0400, Beth Tibbitts wrote:
> At least one other user has reported that installing other plugins (via the
> software updates I think)
> seems to have made parts of PTP disappear.

yikes. might i know what plug-in this is. i can't seem to find the
search functionality of the mailing list manager. so i am currently
browsing the content of the list and using Google.

> You said you installed 'xmlto'.

xmlto was a dependency of one of the PTP components. i believe it was
used to build the documentation? this came out as a warning during the
'sh ./BUILD' stage.

> I have logged a bug with the Eclipse platform on this but haven't heard
> anything.
> I think it also had something to do with whether eclipse was launched
> between the installs or not.
> You might try installing PTP *after* installing xmlto.

oh. i did this. i only launched eclipse -clean after the entire
installation and sh ./BUILD was completed. i installed xmlto, java, gdb
before even dealing with eclipse.

btw, xmlto is not an eclipse plugin. although, i have a *lot* of eclipse
plug-ins in my system right now. is there a way to turn on
troubleshooting for this? i currently use Window->Show View -> Others ->
PDE -> Error Log. there are a number of errors but none of them look
like PTP errors.

here are some of them:

Both 'org.apache.geronimo.v11.deployment.model' and
'org.apache.geronimo.deployment.model' register an extension parser for
'naming'
Both 'com.omondo.uml.std' and 'com.omondo.uml.core' register a package
for 'editmodel.xmi'
The image could not be loaded:
URLImageDescriptor(bundleentry://255/icons/dtool16/target_filter.gif)

and none of them have any mention to PTP.

> Sorry, and hopefully this will be resolved soon.

thanks for the concern beth.

there is not critical work being done right now so i am taking my time.
i am coding using regular CDT functionality and using the External Tools
options to run the application.

> [...]
> !MESSAGE Bundle update@plugins/org.eclipse.ptp.linux.ppc/ [594] was not
> resolved.
> !SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.ptp.linux.ppc 2 0 2007-06-24 19:35:12.107
> !MESSAGE Missing host org.eclipse.ptp.core_1.0.0.
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-06-24 19:35:12.107
> !MESSAGE Bundle update@plugins/org.eclipse.ptp.linux.x86/ [595] was not
> resolved.
> !SUBENTRY 2 org.eclipse.ptp.linux.x86 2 0 2007-06-24 19:35:12.107
> !MESSAGE Missing host org.eclipse.ptp.core_1.0.0.
> !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-06-24 19:35:12.108
> !MESSAGE Bundle update@plugins/org.eclipse.ptp.linux.x86_64/ [596] was
> not resolved.
>
> i checked the directory and there is no org.eclipse.ptp.core_1.1.0.jar
> and not a org.eclipse.ptp.core_1.0.0.jar. am i missing something here?
> maybe the debugger is being linked to the wrong version of PTP core?
>
> i also checked-out the mailing list archives and couldn't find a similar
> problem.
>
> here are some other details that maybe helpful:
>
> Eclipse Version: 3.2.2 Build id: M20070212-1330
> cdt_3.1.2.200702150621
> java version "1.5.0_11"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode, sharing)
> openmpi-1.2.3-1 (i can build and run MPI program the usual way)
> Fedora Core 6
>
> thank you in advance for you help.
>
> --
> William Emmanuel S. Yu
> Department of Information Systems and Computer Science
> Ateneo de Manila University
> email  :  wyu at ateneo dot edu
> blog   :  http://hip2b2.yutivo.org/
> web    :  http://CNG.ateneo.edu/cng/wyu/
> phone  :  +63(2)4266001 loc. 4186
> GPG    :  http://CNG.ateneo.net/cng/wyu/wyy.pgp
>
> Confidentiality Issue:  This message is intended only for the use of the
> addressee and may contain information that is privileged and
> confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly
> prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please
> notify us immediately by reply and delete this message from your system.

William Emmanuel S. Yu
Department of Information Systems and Computer Science
Ateneo de Manila University
email  :  wyu at ateneo dot edu
blog   :  http://hip2b2.yutivo.org/
web    :  http://CNG.ateneo.edu/cng/wyu/
phone  :  +63(2)4266001 loc. 4186
GPG    :  http://CNG.ateneo.net/cng/wyu/wyy.pgp

Confidentiality Issue:  This message is intended only for the use of the
addressee and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly
notify us immediately by reply and delete this message from your system.

Back to the top