Re: [ptp-dev] Process for commmitting PTP fix

It needs to be able to link your email address to your gerrit account, so I think recommitting with the known email address would be easiest.

Regards,
Greg

On Feb 21, 2018, at 4:18 PM, David Wootton <dwootton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greg
If I amend the commit again to change the signed of by line to my drwootton@... address, re-commit the try the push again, will that work or will that cause more problems (It looks like the bugzilla bug 530211 has my drwootton@... email, not my IBM email). I have access to both email accounts and don't care myself which one gets any review emails.

Dave

<graycol.gif>"David Wootton" ---02/21/2018 03:22:01 PM---Greg Why I try that URL, Firefox insists that it displays the page at.

From: "David Wootton" <dwootton@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/21/2018 03:22 PM
Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Process for commmitting PTP fix
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Greg
Why I try that URL, Firefox insists that it displays the page at.
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/dashboard/self, where I am already logged in from a previous session and the page is titled 'Mt Reviews' with no reviews listed (which is correct)

If I manually change the URL to
https://git.eclipse.org/r Firefox changes the URL to https://git.eclipse.org/r/r and displays a page with the message
The page you requested was not found, or you do not have permission to view this page

I am getting closer though. When I went to my account settings page at git.eclipse.org I realized my git/Gerrit id is dwootton,
not drwootton (My registered email address is drwootton@... now and the dwootton account name is left over from prior to 2013)

Once I used the correct account name, I tried the push to gerrit again and this time it failed with a message I was using an email address which was not registered, which is correct since my current IBM email address is not registered with git/Gerrit.

So I went to the account settings page and tried registering a new email address. That resulted in a comfirmation email with a link being set to my IBM email address. I got the email, clicked the link and got a page that sais 'Code Review - Error Invalid token' and the registration failed :-( I tried pasting the link directly into both Firefox and Chrome and both failed.

I tried registering a new email address a second time with the same result.

Dave

<graycol.gif>Greg Watson ---02/21/2018 12:42:46 PM---Hi Dave, Can you sign in to Gerrit (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__git.eclipse

Re: [ptp-dev] Process for commmitting PTP fix
Sent by:
ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Dave,

Can you sign in to Gerrit (https://git.eclipse.org/r)? When you do, go to account settings and HTTP password. You'll see your username, then click on the generate password button and use the username/password combination when Eclipse asks for it.

Greg