Re: [ptp-dev] Process for commmitting PTP fix

Dave,

Regards,
Greg

On Feb 21, 2018, at 7:24 AM, David Wootton <dwootton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greg
Now I have the signed off line in the commit and I deleted the remote I configured. Then I tried Team->Remote->Push to Gerrit again and got prompted for a password. I went to https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/settings/http-password to get the password. There was nothing in the password filed of HTTP Password settings even though I have clicked 'Generate password' before. I clicked Generate password again, got a password and copied it to the password field in the dialog prompt, which resulted in the dialog
<1E192408.gif>

I also tried my regular Eclipse account password here before I realized that wasn't what I should be using and that didn't work either.

Dave
<graycol.gif>Greg Watson ---02/20/2018 08:13:14 AM---Dave, You'll have to amend the commit, or reset to the previous commit and re-commit, to add the Sig

From: Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/20/2018 08:13 AM
Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Process for commmitting PTP fix
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dave,

You'll have to amend the commit, or reset to the previous commit and re-commit, to add the Signed off line. There's a button on the "Commit Changes" dialog to add it. You also need to add a Change-Id using the button next to it.

I'm not sure why it's saying it couldn't connect to the repository. I use https://git.eclipse.org/r/ptp/org.eclipse.ptp for the origin remote and enter the credentials through the Git dialog, so you could try that. I think you already have this configured, so you could just remove the remote you have configured with the ssh URI. Use the Git perspective to manage the repo.

Regards,
Greg