Re: [ptp-dev] Merge/cherry-pick

Merge will bring everything on the branch, no? Unless there is nothing on the branch that you don't want on master, I'd cherry pick.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
From: Beth Tibbitts
Sent: Sunday, July 6, 2014 2:04 PM
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
Reply To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Merge/cherry-pick

I have only done just a merge

On Jul 5, 2014 2:51 PM, "Jeffrey Overbey" <jeffreyoverbey@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I committed a small change to Photran's ptp_8_0 branch.  To get it into the master branch, I'm supposed to cherry-pick it, right?

I remember a lengthy discussion about this a couple of years ago and don't remember what PTP decided to do.  I thought we were using merge instead, but the Environment Setup page refers to the Platform Git workflows, which use cherry picking.

(Sorry, I knew the answer to this a few months ago but forgot...)

Jeff